Each oil is selected for their unique qualities in making our products creamy, spreadable and delicious as well as delivering nutritional benefits. Our products contain no trans fats per serving and our oils are never hydrogenated.
Our soybeans are sourced from US farmers. We include it because it’s a great source of healthy fats – it contains unsaturated fat, with a mix of omega-6 (LA) and omega-3 (ALA).1
These are essential fats; this means that the body requires them for good health but cannot make them, so they must be included in the diet. Omega-3 (ALA) and omega-6 (LA) contribute to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels.2
The American Heart Association lists soybean oil as a “better-for-you” fat and recommends it as a good choice to replace saturated fat in the diet.3 The fats in butter are primarily saturated.
Palm oil comes from the fleshy red fruit and kernel of palm oil trees. Our products include palm fruit and palm kernel oils blended with other plant-based oils to deliver a smooth, creamy and spreadable texture which practically melts in your mouth.
It’s important to us to source sustainable palm oil. We were a proud member of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO). We buy 100% of our palm oil from physically certified sustainable sources and ensure that the palm oil in our supply chain is traceable. Learn more about our commitment to sustainable palm.
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter with Olive Oil contains 3.5% olive oil. Olive oil is high in monounsaturated fats. Over 70% of the fat in olive oil is monounsaturated fat. It also contains polyunsaturated fats, including the essential fats omega-3 (ALA) and omega-6 (LA).
International health authorities such as the World Health Organization (WHO) recommend replacing saturated fats with unsaturated fats.4
Saturated fat in the diet can increase LDL-cholesterol and thereby increase the risk of developing cardiovascular disease.5 Since olive oil is high in unsaturated fat and low in saturated fat, it can contribute to a healthy diet.
- 1 Contains 295 mg of omega-3 ALA per serving (18% of the 1.6g daily value)
- 2 EFSA Scientific Opinion 1252. Available on: https://efsa.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.2903/j.efsa.2009.1252 and EFSA Scientific Opinion 1276. Available on: https://efsa.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.2903/j.efsa.2009.1276. Supportive but not conclusive scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1 ½ tablespoons (20.5g) daily of soybean oil, which contains unsaturated fat, may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. To achieve this possible benefit, soybean oil is to replace saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. One serving of this product contains 5g of soybean oil.
- 3 American Heart Association. Healthy Cooking Oils. 2018. Available on: https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/healthy-eating/eat-smart/fats/healthy-cooking-oils
- 4 World Health Organization. Fats and fatty acids in human nutrition. Report of an expert consultation. 2010. Available on: https://www.who.int/nutrition/publications/nutrientrequirements/fatsandfattyacids_humannutrition/en/
- 5 Mensink RP. Effects of saturated fatty acids on serum lipids and lipoproteins: a systematic review and regression analysis. 2016. Available on: https://www.who.int/nutrition/publications/nutrientrequirements/sfa_systematic_review/en/